Interacting with Immersive Worlds:
Second Brock University Conference on the Interactive Arts & Sciences
BROCK UNIVERSITY, ST. CATHARINES, ONTARIO
JUNE 15-16, 2009
The primary focus of the conference is to explore the growing cultural importance of interactive media. All scholarship on, and creation of digital
interactive media (including but not limited to computer games and interactive fiction) will be considered in one of four broad conference
- The Challenges at the Boundaries of Immersive Worlds stream features creative exploration and innovation in immersive media including ubiquitous computing, telepresence, interactive art and fiction, and alternative reality.
- The Critical Approaches to Immersion stream looks at analyses of the cultural and/or psychological impact of immersive worlds, as well as theories of interactivity.
- The Immersive Worlds in Education stream examines educational applications of immersive technologies.
- The Immersive Worlds in Entertainment stream examines entertainment applications of immersive technologies, such as computer games.
We welcome the submission of abstracts for a 20-minute presentation plus a 10-minute discussion. Send a 500-word abstract plus a brief biographical statement. Please include a separate cover page with the following:
• Author’s name and affiliation
• Mailing address
• Title of presentation
Since all abstracts will be anonymously reviewed, include the title of the paper on the abstract but not the author’s name, affiliation, email or mailing address.
Deadline extended – deadline for receipt of abstracts is February 2, 2009